Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And it begins...






Ahh crap. My organization essentials have started to arrive. No more procrastinating. First shipment of four fairly large boxes came yesterday, which excited the kids immensely. The Boy ran back to their kitchen and returned with a plastic knife. He tried to “cut” the tape on the boxes to open them. I guess he watches mommy open her goodies via internet shopping a little too often. The Girl was happy just climbing on them. The first box that I opened puzzled me. I could not recall ordering anything that would need these large boxes, and then The Boy discovered why they were so large: retailer’s wasting resources. Refer to photos of the vast amount of paper needed to ship and protect this petite table top ironing board. It provided a brief moment of entertainment for the kids, but still bugs me.

As for the ironing board, yes, I broke down and purchased an iron. Fortunately it has yet to arrive so the chore of ironing is not added to my chaos as of today. I have never owned an iron. I have only attempted to iron once. Did not work out well. I bring clothes to the drycleaners for them to iron…or to my mother in laws housekeeper. But this is getting silly. The kids wardrobe is ever expanding and I need to suck it up and do this chore myself. Maybe. Maybe if her housekeeper quits. And the new one doesn’t iron.

1 comment:

  1. Wasted resources!? You are so GREEN. I had to pull out the table top iron/board when my dryer went out..ha ha. Kids love boxes!

    ReplyDelete