Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A trip to the ER, classic family evening





Does this look like a sick baby to you? Maybe sick of being decorated with stickers from her big brother. So you can imagine how shocked we were when she literally could not get a full breath of air later that night. One ER trip later, and she has croup cough and pneumonia. Who does?? My laughing, dancing, huge appetite having, no fever running, never coughing, pleasantly dispositional child? Uh huh. Daddy was on duty with this one, so I asked him if the Dr and nurses gave him dirty looks and if we should expect a visit from CPS. Really, there were no signs, but we felt terrible for her all the same. Here is a picture of her with her 1st ER bracelet


If she is as much like her daddy as this rough and tumble little girl seems to be, this will be the start of a collection.

And what are these pictures below? Oh just my 2 crazed children at the pediatricians office the next day. Due to the lack of symptoms I wanted to get some blood work done to verify her diagnosis. They had other plans. Plans to destroy the good doctor’s office while we waited for the results. Literally, she tore up books behind my back while I was attempting to put the examination table back together. The boy likes things in pieces. I failed, and just placed the metal parts on top of the table. I’m not sure if that look from the nurse was of pity for me handling these two alone or of pity for the bill she knew I was going to get now.


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, she tore up the books. I love it... Baby Godzilla! RAWR! We know you did not get a bill. Did the blood work confirm her diagnosis?

    ReplyDelete